Non-Skier? We offer sightseeing at both Whakapapa and Tūroa. This is a great way to soak in the incredible views from higher up the mountain, and enjoy a bite to eat in our alpine cafes. The Knoll Ridge Cafe at Whakapapa is NZ’s highest eatery and was named World’s Best Designed Cafe in 2015 by Design Curial. If you’re keen to have a snow experience, why not try sledding? Available in Happy Valley and Alpine Meadow on groomed slopes with lift access to help you get back to the top!
Articles in this section
- Can I take my child with me on the slopes in a front/ back pack?
- Is the Sky Waka wheelchair accessible?
- Where can I store my gear during my visit?
- Where can I find a Tūroa trail map?
- Can I bring my pet to your ski areas?
- Can I take my baby or toddler for a sightseeing ride?
- What times do the lifts operate?
- Do you provide accommodation?
- What do I do if I don’t have a 4WD vehicle on restricted days?
- Do I have to pay to go into Happy Valley?