Happy Valley is a stand-alone beginner ski area at Whakapapa. It is accessed via two high-speed elevators which are free to ride. You’ll find Happy Valley Bistro there. Happy Valley is a designated beginner ski area and sledding zone. Foot traffic is not permitted through the gates onto the ski area for safety reasons. There are a number of ways to get onto the snow in Happy Valley - you’ll need either a lift pass or a sledding pass.
Articles in this section
- The Giant upgrade - what's changing?
- Is the Sky Waka wheelchair accessible?
- Where can I store my gear during my visit?
- Does the Sky Waka gondola have a mid station?
- What is the speed and capacity of the Sky Waka gondola?
- Where can I find a Tūroa trail map?
- What are your opening and closing dates for the 2020 season?
- Can I bring my pet to your ski areas?
- Can I take my baby or toddler for a sightseeing ride?
- Are there any childcare facilities?