Happy Valley is a stand-alone beginner ski area at Whakapapa. It is accessed via two high-speed elevators which are free to ride. You’ll find the Happy Valley Bistro and a rentals facility there. Happy Valley is a designated beginner ski area and sledding zone. Foot traffic is not permitted through the gates onto the ski area for safety reasons. There are a number of ways to get onto the snow in Happy Valley - you’ll need either a lift pass, a learn to ski package or a sledding pass.
Articles in this section
- Why is the Far West T bar not operating for the rest of the 2019 season?
- Where can I store my gear during my visit?
- Will the Waterfall Express be operating this winter?
- Where can I find updates on the Whakapapa gondola construction?
- Is the High Noon Express operating this winter?
- Does the Sky Waka gondola have a mid station?
- What is the speed and capacity of the Sky Waka gondola?
- Where is the new Sky Waka gondola?
- Where can I find a Tūroa trail map?
- What are your opening and closing dates for the 2019 season?