Happy Valley is a stand-alone beginner ski area at Whakapapa. It is accessed via two high-speed elevators which are free to ride. You’ll find Happy Valley Bistro there. Happy Valley is a designated beginner ski area and sledding zone. Foot traffic is not permitted through the gates onto the ski area for safety reasons. There are a number of ways to get onto the snow in Happy Valley - you’ll need either a lift pass or a sledding pass.
Articles in this section
- Can i take my child with me on the slopes in a front/ back pack?
- Is the Sky Waka wheelchair accessible?
- Where can I store my gear during my visit?
- Where can I find a Tūroa trail map?
- Can I bring my pet to your ski areas?
- Can I take my baby or toddler for a sightseeing ride?
- Are there any childcare facilities?
- What times do the lifts operate?
- How do I book accommodation?
- What do I do if I don’t have a 4WD vehicle on restricted days?