There will be times throughout the season when you’ll see road restrictions. This may mean the road is only accessible if you have a 4WD or chains on your vehicle. Chains cannot be hired at the ski area or on the access road, so please come prepared. On these days, we highly recommend you use the Park N Ride facilities from National Park to Whakapapa or from Ohakune to Tūroa.
Articles in this section
- Can i take my child with me on the slopes in a front/ back pack?
- Is the Sky Waka wheelchair accessible?
- Where can I store my gear during my visit?
- Where can I find a Tūroa trail map?
- Can I bring my pet to your ski areas?
- Can I take my baby or toddler for a sightseeing ride?
- Are there any childcare facilities?
- What times do the lifts operate?
- How do I book accommodation?
- What do I do if I don’t have a 4WD vehicle on restricted days?