No. It is an offence under the National Parks Act to bring dogs or any other introduced animals into Tongariro National Park. This includes bringing pets to Whakapapa or Turoa ski fields even if they stay in the car, or into Whakapapa Village. To give greater protection to native wildlife please leave your pets at home. For more information click here
Articles in this section
- Can I visit Whakapapa this summer?
- Will the Waterfall Express be operating this winter?
- Where can I find updates on the Whakapapa gondola construction?
- Will the High Noon Express be operating this winter?
- Does the Sky Waka gondola have a mid station?
- What is the speed and capacity of the Sky Waka gondola?
- Where is the new Sky Waka gondola?
- Where can I find a Turoa trail map?
- What are your opening and closing dates for the 2019 season?
- Can I bring my pet?