No. It is an offence under the National Parks Act to bring dogs or any other introduced animals into Tongariro National Park. This includes bringing pets to Whakapapa or Tūroa ski areas (even if they stay in the car), or into Whakapapa Village. To give greater protection to native wildlife, please leave your pets at home. For more information click here
Articles in this section
- Why is the Far West T bar not operating for the rest of the 2019 season?
- Where can I store my gear during my visit?
- Will the Waterfall Express be operating this winter?
- Where can I find updates on the Whakapapa gondola construction?
- Is the High Noon Express operating this winter?
- Does the Sky Waka gondola have a mid station?
- What is the speed and capacity of the Sky Waka gondola?
- Where is the new Sky Waka gondola?
- Where can I find a Tūroa trail map?
- What are your opening and closing dates for the 2019 season?