No. It is an offence under the National Parks Act to bring dogs or any other introduced animals into Tongariro National Park. This includes bringing pets to Whakapapa or Tūroa ski areas (even if they stay in the car), or into Whakapapa Village. To give greater protection to native wildlife, please leave your pets at home. For more information click here
Articles in this section
- The Giant upgrade - what's changing?
- Can i take my child with me on the slopes in a front/ back pack?
- Is the Sky Waka wheelchair accessible?
- Where can I store my gear during my visit?
- Does the Sky Waka gondola have a mid station?
- What is the speed and capacity of the Sky Waka gondola?
- Where can I find a Tūroa trail map?
- Can I bring my pet to your ski areas?
- Can I take my baby or toddler for a sightseeing ride?
- Are there any childcare facilities?