No. It is an offence under the National Parks Act to bring dogs or any other introduced animals into Tongariro National Park. This includes bringing pets to Whakapapa or Tūroa ski areas (even if they stay in the car), or into Whakapapa Village. To give greater protection to native wildlife, please leave your pets at home.
Articles in this section
- Is the Sky Waka wheelchair accessible?
- Where is Mt Ruapehu?
- Can I take my child with me on the slopes in a front/ back pack?
- Where can I store my gear during my visit?
- Can I bring my pet to your ski areas?
- Can I take my baby or toddler for a sightseeing ride?
- What times do the lifts operate?
- Do you provide accommodation?
- What facilities will you have open on xx date?
- What do I do if I don’t have a 4WD vehicle on restricted days?