Yes, but you need to register with The Department of Conservation first and pick up a parking pass to allow you to access the area as a walking visitor. This can be collected from either of the DOC offices in the region. Alternatively, you can access these walks outside of peak weekends, or after 10am on peak weekends.
Articles in this section
- Do I have to pay to park at the ski areas?
- Why can't I book an arrival time after 10am on peak weekends?
- I have a Season/Life Pass, do I get priority over other guests?
- What about car park booking no-shows?
- I have a Platinum Pass, do I still need to book a space in the car park?
- If I'm catching a shuttle, do I need to book a space in the car park?
- I have a Mobility Parking Permit. Do I need to book a space?
- I'm in a camper van and want to visit on a peak weekend. Can I park overnight at the ski areas?
- Can I book a parking space on both sides and pick whichever one has the best conditions on the day?
- Is it legal to force people to book a car park to access the national park?