No. Designated sites for campervans in Tongariro National Park are located at Mangawhero campsite in Ohakune and Mangahuia campsite near Whakapapa Village. In addition to this, the Whakapapa Holiday Park also provides bookable campervan sites. There is no other provision in Tongariro National Park for campervans to overnight.
Articles in this section
- Why can't I book an arrival time after 10am on peak weekends?
- What about car park booking no-shows?
- Do I have to pay to park at the ski areas?
- I have a Season/Life Pass, do I get priority over other guests?
- I have a Platinum Pass, do I still need to book a space in the car park?
- If I'm catching a shuttle, do I need to book a space in the car park?
- I'm in a camper van and want to visit on a peak weekend. Can I park overnight at the ski areas?
- Can I book a parking space on both sides and pick whichever one has the best conditions on the day?
- Is it legal to force people to book a car park to access the national park?
- I want to access a walk on the Mountain Road during peak times. Will I be allowed up?