No. Designated sites for campervans in Tongariro National Park are located at Mangawhero campsite in Ohakune and Mangahuia campsite near Whakapapa Village. In addition to this, the Whakapapa Holiday Park also provides bookable campervan sites. There is no other provision in Tongariro National Park for campervans to overnight.
Articles in this section
- Car parking during Alert Level 1
- I'm staying at a ski club on the mountain, where do I park & will I need to book?
- Do I have to pay to park at the ski areas?
- What about car park booking no-shows?
- I have a Platinum Pass, do I still need to book a space in the car park?
- If I'm catching a shuttle, do I need to book a space in the car park?
- I have a Mobility Parking Permit. Do I need to book a space?
- I'm in a camper van and want to visit. Can I park overnight at the ski areas?
- Can I book a parking space on both sides and pick whichever one has the best conditions on the day?
- Is it legal to force people to book a car park to access the national park?